Each year National Sawdust hosts an open call for emerging and established Brooklyn-based musicians to participate in the institution’s signature Summer Labs program. Summer Labs is a chance for musicians to create and perform work in an inspiring space at a critical early stage in the journey of a work from concept to reality.
Musicians who are selected to participate in Summer Labs are given time to develop and perform a 20-40 minute music-based work-in-progress in our state-of-the-art venue. Following the performance, artists will host a 15 minute audience Q&A to discuss their process and their new work on the National Sawdust stage. As part of the program, participants receive:
- Up to 5 hours of tech-supported rehearsal and development time in the venue
- Mentorship and producing support from National Sawdust staff
- Marketing support, along with having their project featured on the National Sawdust website
- A complimentary multi-track recording of their work
- Up to 3 professional photos of their presentation
- A video of their concert for promotional use
- Access to National Sawdust’s network of world-class artists
Successful projects will also be considered for future programming in the venue and with our partners around the country.