October 2020 – June 2021
Reports to Deputy Director
The Digital Producer is the project lead for all digital programming in National Sawdust’s 6th season, charged with collaborating with artists and the NS team to create and execute original music-based digital content as well as digital donor cultivation events for National Sawdust’s digital stage and top social channels, including including Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo, and Instagram. The digital content executed will work to achieve National Sawdust’s mission, grow audiences, grow partnerships, build brand tent poles, and drive revenue. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a good sense of humor who is able to work well in a small team, and has a visual aesthetic that is aligned to the National Sawdust brand.
Based in Williamsburg, Brooklyn–this visionary arts and music organization seeks to enhance the human experience by building new audiences and supporting artists to develop, produce and perform innovative and collaborative work at the NS venue in Brooklyn, and in collaboration with progressive artists and venues domestically and internationally. www.nationalsawdust.org.
As a composer, I believe the role of an artist in the 21st century is that of creator, educator, activist, and entrepreneur. I believe that 21st-century artists need to be thinking about how they can affect their communities, on a local and global scale. At National Sawdust, supporting emerging artists is our core mission, nurturing a wide array of voices who are collectively reshaping the landscape of new music for this new century.
–Paola Prestini, Composer, Co-Founder and Artistic Director
National Sawdust seeks to engage a dynamic and creative digital producer to lead digital stage. This is a consultant position where scope of work potentially expands as program funding is secured.
- Create and oversee programming and technical production budget;
- Consult with development and marketing teams to ensure deliverables align with production needs;
- Prepare and manage estimates, budgets, and timelines and for project deliverables, tracking expenditures and status in order to operate within the approved budget.
- Oversee production, including managing and tracking artist deliverables and internal deadlines, and hiring additional video editors or freelancers as required;
- Arrange and negotiate all licensing and synch rights with music publishers, labels, and other parties as required;
- Artistic quality control – final signoff on video content prior to release;
- Manage partner and artist relationships together with Senior Curator and team;
- Collaborate with artists, artistic and tech teams to create strong visual storytelling and help manage the filming process as needed;
- 5-6 years of experience in video production, multi-media performing arts and/or visual media, as well as management experience as a director, production manager, coordinator, producer, or similar
- Music and/or performing arts experience and knowledge required.
The breadth of experience should include:
- Excellent project management and delegation skills, particularly in production and timeline management and facilitating workflow between artists, staff and freelancers.
- Client-facing experience, and the ability to speak to the production process in an easy, clear, and concise fashion.
- Continuously enhance creative solutions and problem-solving skills. A strong passion for exploring the latest technology and video trends.
- Strong knowledge of the production and post-production process including planning, budgeting, concepting, media integration, and audio-visual workflow: setup, multi-camera video/photo shoots, still/motion graphics, asset management, delivery, and quality control.
- Knowledge of best practices for video editing, sound mixing, graphics, videography, asset preparation, video encoding, media delivery.
- Knowledge of production equipment and gear, camera and lighting setups, and experience directing.
- Willingness to travel for in-person or in-venue filming.
Fee commensurate with experience, with increases as scope of work grows when program funding is secured.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by law. National Sawdust is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
email@example.com with Digital Producer in subject line