The Development intern works with the Development team to assist with research, data collection, fundraising campaigns, live events, and to provide general administrative support. The intern will work on a semester-long project based on their interests that will culminate in a presentation to the National Sawdust team. This role will give a broad introduction to the world of fundraising in an arts nonprofit, and will give an enthusiastic self-starter the opportunity to gain critical skills in fundraising.
- Data collection for funders
- Data entry in Salesforce database
- Helping to pick assets for donor correspondence such as monthly newsletters
- Assistance with grant preparation
- Prospecting research
- Assistance with mailing campaigns
- Assistance at live donor cultivation events
- Assistance with board meeting preparation
- Customizable projects based on learning goals
- Demonstrated passion for performing arts
- Superior attention to detail
- Microsoft Word/Research tools/Google drive/Excel + mail merge
- Preferred: pursuing bachelor’s degree or already have bachelor’s
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.