The partnerships department is responsible for all private & special events at National Sawdust that generate additional revenue for the non profit organisation. Leveraging relationships with outside organisations and brands for strategic and financial gains. The Partnerships Intern is an enthusiastic and responsible individual who provides important support in all functional areas of the department. Someone who’s interested in the intersection between music & business & marketing.
- Research potential private event clients (event planners and producers in the following industries: finance, law, tech, food, automotive, fashion, film, lifestyle, music, weddings, hospitality, etc
- Research potential corporate partners and sponsors (companies that support the arts and culture)
- Assist Director of Partnerships in designing pitching decks and proposals for potential partners and sponsors (using Keynote, Google Slides, and Illustrator)
- Assist Private Events Manager in drafting timely response e-mails to all private event rental inquiries on the department’s e-mail address
- Accompany the Private Events Manager on client walkthroughs of the venue when / if needed.
- Maintain a contact list using the company’s CRM
- Day- and evening-of event assistance when / if needed
- Create event timelines, update spreadsheets, etc.
- Knowledge of Keynote, Google Slides, Illustrator
- Strong attention to detail
- Polite, professional behavior, particularly when interacting with outside clients.
- A sensibility for design and marketing materials is preferred. Agency experience is welcome.
- Event planning experience is welcome
- Experience working directly in music is not needed but a love for it is essential
- Motivated and hardworking, interested in start-up culture
The Programming Intern is an enthusiastic, passionate and responsible individual who provides critical support in all functional areas of the programming department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work directly with Senior Programming Director to assist with email management and timely communications.
- Data management:
- Create and maintain internal tracking documents, such as artist research lists, internal idea tracking, etc.
- Assist with managing strategic financial reports, such as updating programming projections, and assisting with deal memos and models.
- Administrative tasks:
- Ensure correct filing on contracts, financial information, and other internal documents.
- Project assistance as needed.
- Spearheading the management of the Summer Labs Program, where artists are provided with mentorship opportunities and time in the space to test out the new Meyer Constellation sound system.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date contact lists for the Programming Department.
- Research potential new artists and series. Assist with collecting assets and creating letters of intent for National Sawdust’s fifth season.
- Work directly with artists for various programs and to assist in setting up residencies and curators for National Sawdust’s fifth season.
- Participate in various interdepartmental projects, as needed.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, high-level knowledge of Excel.
- Polite, professional behavior, particularly when interacting with artists.
- Background in music and the arts is a must!
- Excellent project management skills; able to prioritize multiple projects.
- Exceptional organizational abilities and good written and oral communication skills.
- Professional demeanor and attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and problem-solve in a fast-paced work environment.
This internship is unpaid. Desired time commitment is at least 20-30 hours per week with flexibility to schedule. School credit may be arranged and is encouraged.
How to Apply
Send a Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, but those received prior to August 5th will be considered more strongly.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Development intern works with the Development team to assist with research, fundraising campaigns, donor cultivation events, and to provide general administrative support. The intern will work on a semester-long research project that will culminate in a presentation to the NS team. This role will give a broad introduction to the world of fundraising in an arts nonprofit, and will give an enthusiastic self-starter the opportunity to gain critical skills in fundraising.
- Assist with mailing campaigns including organizing mailing lists, letters, and labels
- Assist with prospecting research for individual and institutional support
- Assist with board meeting preparation
- Assist with preparation of donor cultivation events
- Create informational packets for prospects
- Provide general administrative support to Development Department as needed
- Demonstrated passion for performing arts
- Superior attention to detail
- Microsoft Word/Research tools/Google drive/Excel + mail merge
- Pursuing Bachelor’s degree or already have bachelor’s
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by law. National Sawdust is an equal opportunity employer.