National Sawdust is seeking friendly and outgoing ushers to join our Front of House team. Ushers are responsible for welcoming patrons into the venue, quickly assisting them as needed, and ensuring they have a safe, inclusive and positive experience.
- Creates and maintains the integrity of the space before and after performances
- Assist with the configuration of venue seating, including moving furniture (chairs, cabaret tables, stools, etc.)
- Create a warm and welcoming environment as patrons arrive
- Representing the missions and values as NS team member
- Monitor patrons during performances and address issues of audience behavior, safety, and comfort
- Sell merchandise at select performances
- Manage Coat Check at select performances
- Ensure fire exits remain clear
- Participate in emergency evacuation when necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- Possess excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to quickly respond to patron needs and any situation that may arise
- Ability to work in a flexible and fast moving environment
- Ability to use proper etiquette and good judgment when situations escalate to higher management
- Flexible co-created work schedule; evening and weekend availability required
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- General knowledge of the performing arts (preferred)
If interested, please apply by sending a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please include “Usher” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Development intern works with the Development team to assist with research, data collection, fundraising campaigns, live events, and to provide general administrative support. The intern will work on a semester-long project based on their interests that will culminate in a presentation to the National Sawdust team. This role will give a broad introduction to the world of fundraising in an arts nonprofit, and will give an enthusiastic self-starter the opportunity to gain critical skills in fundraising.
- Data collection for funders
- Data entry in Salesforce database
- Helping to pick assets for donor correspondence such as monthly newsletters
- Assistance with grant preparation
- Prospecting research
- Assistance with mailing campaigns
- Assistance at live donor cultivation events
- Assistance with board meeting preparation
- Customizable projects based on learning goals
- Demonstrated passion for performing arts
- Superior attention to detail
- Microsoft Word/Research tools/Google drive/Excel + mail merge
- Preferred: pursuing bachelor’s degree or already have bachelor’s
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.