The Development intern works with the Development team to assist with research, fundraising campaigns, donor cultivation events, and to provide general administrative support. The intern will work on a semester-long research project that will culminate in a presentation to the NS team. This role will give a broad introduction to the world of fundraising in an arts nonprofit, and will give an enthusiastic self-starter the opportunity to gain critical skills in fundraising.
- Assist with mailing campaigns including organizing mailing lists, letters, and labels
- Assist with prospecting research for individual and institutional support
- Assist with board meeting preparation
- Assist with preparation of donor cultivation events
- Create informational packets for prospects
- Provide general administrative support to Development Department as needed
- Demonstrated passion for performing arts
- Superior attention to detail
- Microsoft Word/Research tools/Google drive/Excel + mail merge
- Pursuing Bachelor’s degree or already have bachelor’s
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by law. National Sawdust is an equal opportunity employer.
Partnerships and Private Events Intern
- Draft timely response e-mails to all private event rental inquiries on the department’s e-mail address
- Assist with researching potential private event clients (event planners and producers in the following industries: finance, law, tech, food, automotive, fashion, film, lifestyle, music, weddings, hospitality, etc
- Assist Director of Partnerships with researching potential corporate partners and sponsors (companies that support the arts and culture)
- Assist Director of Partnerships in designing pitching decks and proposals for potential partners and sponsors (using Keynote, Google Slides, and Illustrator)
- Accompany the Private Events Manager on client walkthroughs of the venue
- Maintain a contact list using the company’s CRM
- Day- and evening-of event assistance (including Spring Gala on May 7, 2019, at Sotheby’s)
- Create event timelines, update spreadsheets, etc.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited university or college program to receive credit
- Available to work 20 hours a week from February through mid-May
- Knowledge of Keynote, Google Slides, Illustrator
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience conducting research
- Motivated and hardworking, interested in start-up culture