In this concert, thirteen revolutionary composers hailing from around the globe will perform and showcase their own takes on electronic music as part of New York’s Electroacoustic Music Festival.
- Kevin Kay, Warmth;
- Alex Stephenson, Jeu-Parti;
- Helga Arias, Astraglossa or first steps in celestial syntax;
- Patricia E. Martinez, Al trasluz del recuerdo (through the translucent light of memory);
- Boris Bezemer, Nature and looks;
- Wuan-chin Li, Ban Shan;
- Charles Peck, Fad;
- Seth Shafer, Everything Will Be Shaken;
- Cody Brookshire, Rationalize;
- Joshua Clausen, History is going to change;
- Ryan Olivier, Fortspinnung;
- Adam S. Neal, speaks;
- Doug Geers, Teach Sum, Cheat Sum
This concert is part of the New York City Electroacoustic Music Festival, the largest celebration of electroacoustic music in the world: music performed by acoustic musical instruments, laptops, and custom electronic devices, as well as works involving digital video, and sound installations. It spans 28 concerts, both at the Abrons Arts Center and here, at National Sawdust.
Visit www.nycemf.org for more information.