PUBLIC RELATIONS MANAGER
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, the Public Relations Manager will execute day-to-day public relations efforts for all shows, series and projects from or at National Sawdust, while managing publicity campaigns for the National Sawdust Brand, Festivals and Residency initiatives. Candidates should come with existing relationships in the performing arts and music field, and will continue to develop strong relationships with external media and partners alongside internal relationships with artists, agents and managers. An ideal candidate will have connections to Brooklyn-based press, including influential Brooklyn bloggers and journalists writing about local Brooklyn activities.
- Developing a deep understanding of the National Sawdust Brand to articulate to press
- Developing PR strategies and dynamic pitches to meet objectives and goals
- Ensuring that National Sawdust shows appear in appropriate weekly listings
- Pitching and securing stories about the season, series and individual shows on national and local levels across print, digital and broadcast
- Managing publicity for all National Sawdust Resident Artists
- Establishing and maintaining media partnerships for series promotions
- Oversight of publicity agency who will help to secure stories in national press about the National Sawdust Brand and festivals
- Draft press releases and all other written material for media with assistance from in-house copywriter
- Provide weekly reports on new press and outreach initiatives
- Communicating with artists regularly via email and phone, developing a strong relationship and preparing them for all interviews
- Managing media who attend shows
- Communicate daily with high-level editors/media
- Media contacts in the performing arts
- Self-starter and ability to work autonomously
- Media contacts focused on Brooklyn activity also appreciated
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Knowledge of PR tools to help manage outreach and measure results
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years experience at either an agency or in-house at a performing arts institution
To apply for this role please email resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
National Sawdust is a new performing arts venue in the heart of Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Now in its third year, the unparalleled non-profit venue is a place for exploration and discovery in the world of the performing arts.
Co-founded by “the enterprising composer and impresario” (New York Times) Paola Prestini, National Sawdust is a home where emerging and established artists can share their music with serious music fans and casual listeners alike.
DEVELOPMENT AND RESEARCH ASSOCIATE
National Sawdust seeks a highly organized and detail-oriented Development and Research Associate to provide essential administrative and operational support to its Director of Development. This position is critical to NS’ ability to build efficiency and maximize its fundraising potential. The Associate will assist with all Development activities including board development, individual giving, special events, prospect research, and growing its portfolio of foundation and government support. This is a unique opportunity for a dynamic, self-sufficient and highly motivated individual to be a part of building a new New York City cultural institution.
Reports to the Director of Development
Entry Level Position
- Assist in stewardship and cultivation of existing and prospective donors by fulfilling their donor benefits and assisting them with ticket reservations
- Perform all gift processing, from data entry upon receipt to writing, proofing, and sending acknowledgments to both individual and institutional donors
- Ensure proper crediting of individual and institutional supporters in written materials and online
- Master and maintain donor database and development shared drive
- Maintain all electronic and paper files in a highly organized fashion
- Conduct individual and institutional prospect research generating monthly prospect lists for senior management and the Board of Directors
- Manage direct mail and electronic general appeals including the writing of solicitation letters and other necessary materials
- Assist with planning and execution of annual Spring Gala and cultivation events throughout the year
- Maintain foundation and government proposal and reporting calendar
- Help administer the preparation of support materials for grant proposals and reports
- Prepare support materials for quarterly board meetings
- Coordinate with the marketing team on specific outreach efforts
- Additional responsibilities as determined by Director of Development and/or Director of Marketing
- Bachelor or Associate’s degree and/or 2 years of prior development experience
- Superior attention to detail
- Experience coordinating and prioritizing multiple projects within a deadline-driven environment
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Comfort in a startup environment
- Experience with Salesforce or similar database system preferred
- Demonstrated love for the performing arts preferred
- Commensurate with experience; includes benefits package.
How to Apply:
- Email resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com. No phone calls please.