Junior Art Director & Digital Designer
National Sawdust is seeking a multi-talented in-house Junior Art Director & Designer. This person will oversee the entire visual identity of National Sawdust. In addition to leading the art direction, this position, in collaboration with an in-house Copywriter, will be responsible for the creation of all content including social media assets, digital advertising, offline collateral, front-end web design and email design. Highly desired, an individual with video and video editing skills.
- Develop and maintain brand identity across all aspects of creative for National Sawdust
- Ideate, develop, and execute digital and print creative across web, email, offline advertising, and social
- Design, code and produce webpages and emails
- Develop digital assets for social media, digital advertising and websites
- Create assets for offline collateral including fliers, posters and media decks applying brand consistency across all channels
- Communicate technical and design issues clearly to stakeholders and propose alternative solutions
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-5 years of related work experience
- Proficient in Adobe CC, HTML and CSS
- Understanding of asset creation for social media advertising and its constraints
- Demonstrated strong layout design skills with ability to use design principles to communicate effectively to the target audience and drive revenue
- Knowledge of email optimization, website usability, UX and responsive design desired
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with great attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, meet deadlines and communicate effectively with internal partners
- Experience in print and PowerPoint a plus
- Experience with template sites such as WordPress
- A background in Marketing a plus
- Acute attention to detail
- High degree of organization
How to Apply
To apply, please send cover letter, resume and digital portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
• • • • • • •
National Sawdust is seeking for an enthusiastic, passionate, and responsible individual to provide support in all functional areas of the programming department in order to ensure efficiency and organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work directly with Senior Programming Staff to ensure cohesive flow and communication.
- Data management: Maintain internal tracking documents
- Create strategic financial reports
- Administrative tasks: ensure correct filing of contracts, financial information, and other internal documents.
- Project Assistance
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date contact list for the Programming Department
- Research potential new artists
- Work directly with artists to ensure the best performance experience
- Participate in various interdepartmental projects, as needed
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, high-level knowledge of Excel
- Background in music is a plus!
- Excellent project management skills
- Exceptional organizational abilities and good written and oral communication skills
- Professional demeanour and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and problem-solve in a fast-paced work environment
This internship is unpaid. Desired time commitment is at least 20 hours per week with flexibility to schedule. School credit may be arranged.
Application deadline: ASAP
How to Apply
To Apply for the Programming Internship position, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Programming Internship” as the subject line.