Digital and Social Media Copywriter & Coordinator
The Digital and Social Media Copywriter & Coordinator is responsible for ideation, translating creative direction, and transformation of ideas into compelling content and copy for the website, social, print and other areas that require writing. The Digital and Social Media Copywriter & Coordinator needs to be able to think conceptually and creatively; being competent and comfortable in producing both short and long-form writing across a wide range of digital, social and offline media, including social media, email, websites, video, blogs, online advertising, brochures, decks and more.
- Create new and compelling social media campaigns to extend the reach of National Sawdust handles
- Develop Social Media posts across platforms working with Digital Content Producer to obtain assets for posts
- Copy Editing all material
- Managing the Social Media approval process and posting across channel
- Writing clear, persuasive and original copy
- Demonstrate continuous creative thinking, with lots of imagination, inspiration and ideas
- Assist the Publicity Manager in daily listings for shows
- Promote continual creative improvement and actively contribute to a culture of innovation, excellence and accountability
- Act as a consumer advocate to fully understand our communications and digital experiences from the consumer perspective
- Degree or equivalent in English, Journalism, Digital Marketing or related subject
- Acute attention to detail
- High degree of organization
- A love and interest in Social Media
- A strong understanding of and interest in Contemporary Classical Music
- Ability to turn sometimes complex content into easily understood and engaging copy
- Experience in social media writing, including blogging a plus
- Excellent Copy Editing skills
- Happy working in a fast paced, deadline driven environment across multiple projects
- Strong critical and analytical thinking skills
- Strong ability to prioritize work based on short and long-term needs
To apply please email email@example.com
National Sawdust is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusivity both on the stage and in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Private Events Associate
National Sawdust is a Brooklyn-based non-profit organization whose mission is to
revolutionize how music is created, performed and heard. Built with industry-leading
customization to suit the wide-ranging needs of today’s artists, NS leverages the beauty
and technology of its concert hall to double as a state-of-the-art event space.
Led by the pioneering composer, entrepreneur and educator Paola Prestini, NS builds
new audiences for new music through vibrant programs that span across genres. Since
opening to the public on October 1, 2015, National Sawdust has programmed 300
concerts and events per year.
National Sawdust is looking for a full time Private Events Associate to further our event rentals business. This position is critical to maximize our sales revenue and build efficiency through renting our space and producing private events for outside clients.
This is a unique opportunity for a dynamic, self sufficient and highly motivated individual to be part of building a new New York City cultural institution.
This position reports to the Director of Partnerships & Events.
● Provide timely response to all private event rental inquiries on the department’s email
● Arrange and lead client walkthroughs of the venue
● Develop new business through prospecting and cold calling. Meet and exceed weekly
sales calls targets
● Identify business opportunities through networks of event planners & producers in the
following industries: finance, law, tech, food, automotive, fashion, film, lifestyle, music,
weddings, hospitality etc.
● Create promotional and sales materials for clients and the public to capture new
● Build profiles for our venue on third party rental websites
● Develop strategies to maximize occupancy of our one space during empty calendar
dates (20% of our calendar)
● Maintain a calendar of trade weeks (holiday season, fashion week, ad week, bridal
week, etc.) to target specific clients and industries when they are shopping for venues
● Create budget reports and projections monthly
● Lead all advance planning for 20+ private events annually including offsite meetings,
product launches, conferences, private concerts, cocktail parties, birthday parties,
bat/bar mitzvahs, weddings etc.
● Day/evening-of private event coordination in collaboration with our venue’s operations
team and our in-house catering team (RIDER)
● Work closely with our finance department for pricing quotes, invoices, contracts and
● Enter and update all private events activity into our CRM
-Bachelor’s degree and at least 1 year working in the special events / hospitality industry
– Proven track record in sales, business development and winning new business
– Proven track record of increasing revenue through generation of leads
– Excellent organisational skills and experience producing special events
– Excellent communication skills and a professional manner for a client facing role
– Knowledge of Excel, Google Docs, Word and Keynote.
– Knowledge of Highrise or similar database CRM system a plus
– Strong attention to detail
– Familiarity with the NYC arts/music scene and a non profit environment is a plus
– Full time: 40 hours per week
– Ability to work evenings and weekends when necessary
Commensurate with experience.
Please email a cover letter along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
National Sawdust is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusivity on the stage and in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.